What is MSCG, Inc?
Michigan Specialized Communications Group Inc. was founded on the principle of providing resources to the local Amateur Radio Public Service Corps.
Michigan Specialized Communications Group (MSCG) is incorporated as a non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Michigan. MSCG Inc. is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
- To contact the public and introduce them to Amateur Radio.
- To assist the public in training and obtaining an Amateur Radio license.
- To enhance the state of the art in radio communications.
- To promote organization activities which involve the public regardless of age, race, or sex.
- To promote emergency and public service communications.
The business of MSCG, Inc. is conducted using a Board of Directors in accordance with the MSCG, Inc. Bylaws adopted June 04, 2011. Except for rare occasions stipulated in the Bylaws, each director has a single vote to decide all issues taken up by the Board. At Board meetings, a minimum of three board members is required to constitute a quorum. The President does not have an active vote unless there is a tie.
Siren Testing Is UnderWay!!!
Visit the Siren Page to see details on testing, and the siren list..
The michigan Specialized Communications Group in partnership with the National Weather Service and Genesee County Sherrif's dept. of emergency management is pleased to announce the 2013 skywarn training schedule.
Tuesday, May 7th at 7 p.m.
Class will be held at the Genesee County Administration Building, in the Harris Auditorium on the 3rd floor.
Call MSCG Inc. @ 810-545-7260 for more information
MSCG Secretary Position is Open
the MSCG Board is looking for a new Secretary, all who are interested need to send a letter of intent to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' If you do not send an e-mail to this address, you will not be considered.
4. The MSCG Board will review all membership applications before approving membership.
Membership approval will be determined by a majority vote of Board members present.
Determining factors will consist of but not limited to the following:
• Criminal background if any.
• Ability to work with others.
• Willingness to attend training necessary for working with served agencies and
• Past Flagrant violation of FCC rules and regulations governing Amateur Radio, if any.
• Obtain and maintain copies of all insurance policies.
• Take minutes of all Board meetings and General Membership meetings.
• Maintain accurate and up-do-date membership roles.
• Issue checks for Board approved MSCG expenses in the absence of the Director of Finance.
• Maintain a copy of all correspondence to and from MSCG.
• Perform other duties as assigned within policies set by the Board and the Bylaws of the
Please review the Conflict of Interest Clause in the MSCG ByLaws
147.260 operating in single receiver mode
The 147.260 repeater is operating in single-reciever mode while Fred (W8FSM) and Dale (KC8ZXF) rebuild the voter system. Thank you for your patience while upgrades are in progress. - KF8UI